More than 70 blowups, about 70,000 lights and a bunch of other cool-looking holiday items are currently on display at 2225 S. Dome Road in Golden Valley. People who would like to visit the display can do so by turning south on Egar Road (mile marker 17) from Highway 68 and driving about 4 miles. Turn right on Tapeats Road (if you arrive at Shinarump Road, you’ve gone a half-mile too far). Head west for about one-half mile and you can’t miss the display at the corner of Tapeats and Dome roads. According to Chris Marie-Meriwether and her husband Butch, the display will be up and running each night for at least four hours after sundown and they plan on keeping the display up until Jan. 2. Those who visit the Christmas display are invited to donate a bag of dog or cat food for the no-kill animal shelter and sanctuary For The Luv of Paws, and/or donate a new unwrapped toy to be turned over to the Marine Corps League Detachment #887 for the local Toys for Tots program for needy children.
About The Author
- Good Book gets good look in town where The Word is usually political
- Police push back on report criticizing body-worn camera policies
- Small businesses plan for long weekend of shopping
- November 23, 2017 Newscast
- As title game nears, Casteel football program provides comfort for principal battling cancer