Lake Havasu City is looking for low-income homeowners who wish to have health & safety-related repairs made to their home. Applicants will be placed on a waiting list only if the following minimum requirements are met:
- You must meet income qualifications (see income guidelines below).
- Your property must be located within city limits.
- You must own and occupy your home and you can’t own any other property.
- You must be current with your mortgage, property taxes, water bill and sewer loan.
- You must have homeowners insurance.
- Title to the home cannot be in a trust.
- Cannot have a reverse mortgage.
- Can only have a mortgage on the home with the balance of the loan meeting certain guidelines.
- Must be 62 years old or older.
Income guidelines: (This is the allowable income for the entire household)
What type of repairs can be done?
Health or safety-related repairs (examples include roof replacement, A/C replacement, weatherization, etc.)
When and where do I apply?
Applications may be picked up at City Hall, 2330 McCulloch Boulevard North, Monday through Friday, 8 am to 5 pm, or downloaded from the City Website at www.lhcaz.gov . Completed applications are accepted on an ongoing basis.
Please call Holly Morin, Grants Administrator, with any questions about this grant at 854-0711.