Funnyman Will Ferrell is knocking one out of the park for a historic run during Spring Training games in Arizona Thursday. Ferrell has been added to the line-up for several teams for an HBO Special from “Funny or Die.” Ferrell will be playing every position on the field – and probably a few off the field – for 10
different teams on the same day. Ferrell will be running the bases across five Spring Training ballparks in Arizona beginning in Mesa, followed by Tempe, Scottsdale, Glendale and Peoria.
Ferrell is dedicating the project to fight against cancer and honoring the historic feat by Bert Campaneris 50 years ago. The “Semi Pro” star will honor “Campy” Campaneris, who on September 8, 1965, in only his second Major League season, went 0-for-3 playing all nine positions for the Kansas City Athletics in a game against the California Angels. Campaneris is also expected to be with Ferrell as he begins his journey tomorrow.
Ferrell will be in the starting line-up for the following games:
- 12:05 p.m. – Seattle Mariners at Oakland Athletics (HoHoKam Stadium)
- 1:10 p.m. – Chicago Cubs at Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim (Tempe Diablo Stadium)
- 2:10 p.m. – Cincinnati Reds at Arizona Diamondbacks (Salt River Fields at Talking Stick)
- 4:05 p.m. – San Francisco Giants at Chicago White Sox (ss) (Camelback Ranch)
- 6:15 p.m. – Los Angeles Dodgers at San Diego Padres (Peoria Sports Complex)