A Kingman man has been convicted in the beating death of his roommate. A Mohave County Superior Court jury deliberated more than three hours Friday before finding fifty two year old Robert Adkins guilty of second degree murder and the abuse of a vulnerable adult. Prosecutor Bob Moon told jurors that Adkins helped care for the medically challenged Michael Sudkamp, but ended up killing the 53-year-old on Christmas Eve, 2013. Moon argued the 27 rib fractures and other injuries that the victim suffered were inconsistent with Adkins’ claims thatSudkamp was hurt during falls in the home they shared. Moon said Adkins faces a 10-25 year prison term when sentenced March 20.
About The Author
- September 19, 2017 Newscast | Cronkite News
- Virtual reality could be Diamondbacks’ next preparation tool
- Economist: Lack of postsecondary education will hurt U.S. economy
- Tell us: Are you concerned about the new iPhone’s facial recognition technology?
- Phoenix officials work to expand and improve city light rail system