Another tri-state area mine is curtailing production. After 383 workers were laid off at the Mineral Park mine north of Kingman three weeks ago, there’s word that another mining operation in Oatman is also shutting down. Supervisor Buster Johnson said the Mojave Desert Minerals Gold Road Mines has announced it will be closing in early February, gradually laying off 60 workers. “Mohave County and the state will work in conjunction and do all we can to help employees get assistance in the face of their job loss,” Johnson said. The county is hosting another career orientation and job fair event from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. this Thursday at the Mohave County Administration building in downtown Kingman.
About The Author
October 2, 2014
March 17, 2016
June 20, 2015
- September 25, 2017 Newscast | Cronkite News
- From clenching a fist to taking a knee, sports, social issues on perpetual collision course
- Choreographer shows power of street dance activism
- ‘Más,’ the play about the ethnic studies ban in Tucson, premieres in Phoenix
- Tell us: What aspects of health care reform are important to you?