Another tri-state area mine is curtailing production. After 383 workers were laid off at the Mineral Park mine north of Kingman three weeks ago, there’s word that another mining operation in Oatman is also shutting down. Supervisor Buster Johnson said the Mojave Desert Minerals Gold Road Mines has announced it will be closing in early February, gradually laying off 60 workers. “Mohave County and the state will work in conjunction and do all we can to help employees get assistance in the face of their job loss,” Johnson said. The county is hosting another career orientation and job fair event from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. this Thursday at the Mohave County Administration building in downtown Kingman.
About The Author
- Nearly 22,000 unite to the beat of political power at Women’s March in Arizona
- Grand Canyon partly open, blunting biggest hit of government shutdown
- Arizonans at March for Life upbeat on pro-life prospects in Washington
- Tempe City Council fails to pass border wall resolution
- Former Diamondbacks pitcher Gordon part of MLB’s ‘Dream Series’ outreach showcase