TITLE: Community Development Organizational Support
HOURS: Full Time, Monday-Friday, 8am to 5pm (some weekends and evenings)
SUPERVISED BY: Director of Community Initiatives
FUNDED BY: Northern Arizona Regional Behavioral Health Authority (NARBHA) Drug-Free Communities Grant (SAMHSA)
The Community Development Coordinator-Organizational Support position is responsible for the planning and coordination of coalition effectiveness; meeting agendas, meeting minutes, location set-up, support of staff and coalition members and record keeping. This position will primarily work in the AzYP-Kingman Office; one day per week will be spent working in the AzYP-Lake Havasu City Office and one day per week will be spent working in the Bullhead City/Mohave Valley area (office space to be secured shortly).
- Maintain e-mail and snail-mail coalition member lists, remind of upcoming meetings, and send ‘Thank You’ packets to new members and guests.
- Process appropriate documents within AzYP to support coalition members/volunteers, including the initiation of a Community Coalition Calendar, a ‘Needs List, and a Coalition Member Asset Inventory.
- Assist Director of Community Initiatives in supporting local staff with materials and supplies for both funding sources.
- Work with Community Development Coordinator, to support the funded prevention coalitions in Mohave County (KiPA, MAPPED, MSAT and YADAH).
- Complete all fund source and AzYP reporting requirements.
- Attend AzYP staff meetings, fundraisers, and relevant committee meetings as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Community Initiatives or Executive Director.
- 3-5 years equivalent experience working with diverse groups of people in community settings AND/OR Bachelor’s Degree in related field + two years related experience.
- Public speaking experience.
- Knowledge of Mohave County, Youth Development and alcohol use and abuse by youth and young adults.
- Excellent presentation, oral, written communication & computer skills; knowledge of Word, Excel, Publisher.
- Finger printing and Background Check; CPR/First Aid Certification.
- AZ Drivers License, reliable transportation, and ability to travel countywide and statewide.
- Automobile Insurance in the amount of $100,000/$300,000