The fire that destroyed the home of a Golden Valley Fire District board member was an accident. Kingman Fire Marshal Keith Eaton is conducting an independent investigation of the September 26 fire at the home of Paul Gorham in the 4300 block of Abrigo Drive. Eaton said arson has been ruled out and that it is believed that the fire originated in a family room of Gorham’s residence. Eaton said the investigation is focused on a swamp cooler as the likely cause of the blaze. Gorham and his wife were in Show Low at the time of the fire. No injuries were reported, though the collapse of the roof endangered firefighters forcing them to end their interior attack and withdraw from the burning structure. Golden Valley Fire District Chief Thomas O’Donohue said there was no initial estimate of the value of the damage at the property. He said however, the home and its contents are considered a total loss.
About The Author
- September 25, 2017 Newscast | Cronkite News
- From clenching a fist to taking a knee, sports, social issues on perpetual collision course
- Choreographer shows power of street dance activism
- ‘Más,’ the play about the ethnic studies ban in Tucson, premieres in Phoenix
- Tell us: What aspects of health care reform are important to you?