Arizona Attorney General Mark Brnovich is reminding Arizonans to watch out for potential scams while shopping this holiday season.
“The holidays should be a time for happiness and celebration, but it’s important for hard-working Arizona families to protect themselves against grinches,” said Attorney General Brnovich.
Attorney General Brnovich Offers the Following Consumer Tips:
- Know the retailer’s return policy before you buy.
- Be sure prices match the posted price.
- Check your receipt for accuracy.
- Treat gift cards like cash.
- Be timely with returns.
- Use a credit card when shopping online – not a debit card.
- Use secure, reputable websites when shopping online.
- Check your credit card and bank statements for unauthorized charges.
- Check recall notices before buying children’s products.
- Save warranties and service agreements.
If you believe you have been a victim of consumer fraud, please contact the Attorney General’s Office in Phoenix at (602) 542-5763, in Tucson at (520) 628-6504, or outside the Phoenix and Tucson metro areas at 1 (800) 352-8431. Consumers can also file complaints online by visiting the Attorney General’s website at https://www.azag.gov/complaints/consumer.