No one was injured when fire heavily damaged a home in north Kingman on Friday, May 12. Northern Arizona Consolidated Fire District personnel responded at 3:00 p.m. to the incident in the 3500 block of Oriole Lane.

“First arriving crews observed heavy smoke and flames coming from the garage area of a block constructed, single family residence,” said Battalion Chief Jason Scott. “The fire self ventilated and ran the length of the attic.”

Scott said the fire was contained to the property of origin and the loss is valued at $61,000. He said it was determined that faulty electrical wiring sparked the fire.

728x90-SWG-Safety-Web-Banner_2014