It could’ve
been a lot worse for a Tucson family and their home after a 12 year old boy set
fire to wood piles with a lighter Tuesday night.
Adam
Goldberg with Northwest Tucson Fire department says the boy soaked wood sticks
in gasoline located near the wood,

but he did not expect the flames to flare up
as they did as the porch caught fire.

Goldberg
says  the panicked boy ran to tell his
grandmother about the fire and she called 9-1-1. Fortunately, fire crews
snuffed out the flames before they could enter the home.  The fire left minor smoke damage inside the
home, but structurally it’s intact, although the porch which took the brunt of
the fire is a shambles.

Goldberg
emphasizes this incident is a good lesson in making sure children have no
access to ignition sources. 
 
–Barbara Villa

 

Normal
0

false
false
false

EN-US
X-NONE
X-NONE

/* Style Definitions */
table.MsoNormalTable
{mso-style-name:”Table Normal”;
mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0;
mso-tstyle-colband-size:0;
mso-style-noshow:yes;
mso-style-priority:99;
mso-style-parent:””;
mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt;
mso-para-margin-top:0in;
mso-para-margin-right:0in;
mso-para-margin-bottom:8.0pt;
mso-para-margin-left:0in;
line-height:107%;
mso-pagination:widow-orphan;
font-size:11.0pt;
font-family:”Calibri”,”sans-serif”;
mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri;
mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin;
mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri;
mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;}

728x90-SWG-Safety-Web-Banner_2014