Motorists will be stopped and should expect delays up to 30 minutes next week
Due to a special event, the junction of US 60 and US 93 at the south roundabout in downtown Wickenburg will close briefly from 11:30 a.m. to noon Monday (April 11) and again from 1 p.m. to 1:30 p.m. Friday (April 15).
The closures will allow more than 200 horses and riders participating in the 70th annual Desert Caballeros trail ride to cross US 60 the highway safely.
What to expect during the closures:
- Eastbound US 60 will be closed at milepost 110 prior to Tegner Street.
- Westbound US 60 will be closed at milepost 110 prior to the Hassayampa River Bridge.
- Traffic destined for northbound US 93 will be stopped at the westbound US 60 closure.
- Southbound US 93 will be closed at the south roundabout prior to milepost 200.
- The Wickenburg Police Department will enforce the closures and provide traffic control.
- Drivers will need to wait for horses to pass through, no alternate routes suggested.
ADOT works to inform the public about planned highway restrictions, but there is a possibility that unscheduled closures or restrictions may occur. To stay up-to-date with the latest highway conditions around the state, visit the ADOT Traveler Information Center at www.az511.gov or call 511.