flames

Kingman Fire Department personnel handled a residential structure fire on Saturday, April 23. Crews responded at 8:36 p.m. to the incident in the 900 block of Buchannan Street.

It was not clear upon arrival whether occupants were away or inside the burning home.

“Crews immediately set into action an offensive fire attack with their emphasis on search and rescue,” said assistant fire chief Keith Eaton. “After a search was completed a primary all clear was called as the occupants were not home.”

Firefighters contained the fire to the rear of the home. No one was injured.

“Early investigation results indicate that the family used candles as lighting and may have left one burning as they left the home,” Eaton said. He said it’s important that those who use them, make sure that candles are properly extinguished.

An initial estimate of the value of the damage was not available.

728x90-SWG-Safety-Web-Banner_2014