Two young children are lucky to be alive after suffering from carbon monoxide poisoning.  Fire Captain Tim Eiden with Peoria Fire says a carbon monoxide alarm sounded overnight that alerted a sleeping family of four to escape their Peoria home.  He says two children were suffering from the ill effects and rushed to the
 

hospital where they remain in serious, but stable condition.  The parents are expected to be fine.  Eiden says the father’s work truck generator was the source.  The generator was parked in the garage and left running all day.  At the end of the day, the garage door was closed and pushed carbon monoxide gases back into the house.  Carbon monoxide is colorless and odorless.  If not for the alarm, the entire family may have perished.


Kris Dugan

728x90-SWG-Safety-Web-Banner_2014