A San Tan Valley family is lucky to be alive after the mother leaves the car engine running all night in the garage.  Mark Clark with the Pinal County Sheriff’s Department says the mother woke up to an odd smell and realized she had forgotten to turn the engine off. But then noticed her children, ages four and
 

eight-years-old, were sick with one child passing out.  She called 9-1-1 and the family were treated for carbon monoxide poisoning. The family is expected to recover.  It turns out the uncle who lives at the home woke up before the mother and realized what she had done.  He turned off the engine and opened all the windows. He also made sure everyone was breathing fine before he left for the day.  Clark says it appears to be a terrible accident. 


Kris Dugan

 

 

 

 

728x90-SWG-Safety-Web-Banner_2014