The Community Children’s Christmas Party is this Saturday, December 13 from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. at Rotary Community Park. The perennial theme for the event is “The Joy of Giving.” Children and adults alike are asked to bring a non-perishable food item and/or toys for the less fortunate as the only admission for the entire event. Booths will be set up where partygoers can create handmade Christmas ornaments that will be given as a “gift of love” for someone special in our community. Ornaments will be donated for distribution to local nursing homes, hospice, and families in need, reminding recipients throughout the community that the “Joy of Giving” is alive and well in Lake Havasu City. Bashas’ grocery store will be serving hot dogs to all in attendance and children will also be invited to enjoy the bouncy toys and petting zoo. Don’t forget to bring your camera! Santa will be making a special visit from 10:30 to 1:30 p.m. to find out who has been naughty or nice.
About The Author
- Good Book gets good look in town where The Word is usually political
- Police push back on report criticizing body-worn camera policies
- Small businesses plan for long weekend of shopping
- November 23, 2017 Newscast
- As title game nears, Casteel football program provides comfort for principal battling cancer