The Clark County Coroner’s Office said it might be late February before it determines the official cause of death of an inmate housed in the state prison that MTC operates in Golden Valley. The Arizona Department of Corrections is conducting a criminal investigation of the matter. Officials won’t say when 23-year-old Neil Early was injured, but the inmate from Maricopa County died January 19 at University Medical Center in Las Vegas. Early was serving time for organized retail theft and drug paraphernalia convictions.
About The Author
- In Focus DACA Special Report: Episode 5
- ASU rescinds Cronkite Award given to Charlie Rose in 2015
- Trans Queer Pueblo organizes Phoenix show giving support to LGBTQ immigrant community
- Advocates worry FCC changes to Lifeline could hit Indian Country hard
- Good Book gets good look in town where The Word is usually political