Mohave County Sheriff’s deputies arrested Clifford John Apuna, 32, of Winslow, Sunday (12/7) evening for possession of drug paraphernalia, felony, and a contempt of court misdemeanor warrant issued out of Navajo County. Approximately 9:40 p.m., deputies observed a suspicious male subject standing in a walkway of a closed business located in the 3000 block of Northern Avenue. As deputies approached the male subject, he started walking away. Deputies contacted the male subject identified as Apuna. A records check showed Apuna to have an active warrant. Apuna was taken into custody without incident. Deputies found Apuna to be in possession of a glass pipe with residue. During conversations with Apuna, he said that he found the pipe. He was transported and booked into the Mohave County Jail.
About The Author
- In Focus DACA Special Report: Episode 5
- ASU rescinds Cronkite Award given to Charlie Rose in 2015
- Trans Queer Pueblo organizes Phoenix show giving support to LGBTQ immigrant community
- Advocates worry FCC changes to Lifeline could hit Indian Country hard
- Good Book gets good look in town where The Word is usually political