Who knew lighting up an e-cig could be more dangerous than lighting an actual cigarette.  Twenty-two-year-old Otis Stovall of Phoenix turned to the vape pen to stop smoking, but the plan blew up in his face.  While at work, Stovall had his vape pen in his pocket when it suddenly exploded and flames burst through his jeans.
 

Stovall was transferred to the Arizona Burn center with second third degree burns.  A lithium-ion battery powers the e-cig and if the battery overheats, The e-cig goes up in smoke.  Stovall is expected to be fine.


Kris Dugan  

728x90-SWG-Safety-Web-Banner_2014