A family of eight have escaped a raging overnight house fire.  Fire Captain Benjamin Santillan says a smoke alarm alerted the family to a fire that was spreading fast inside the home and they managed to escape without injury.  The fire started in the kitchen and spread to the attic where firefighters quickly
 

extinguished the flames.  Santillan says the fire was sparked in the kitchen “after one of the children left food unattended on the stove.”  The American Red Cross was called in to help find the family that includes children ranging between the ages of four-years-old and 17-years-old. 


Kris Dugan

728x90-SWG-Safety-Web-Banner_2014