Ernie Wetherbee, Acting Arizona State Director for USDA Rural Development, was in Lake Havasu City on May 31 to present an award to Christina Farnsworth. Farnsworth, who manages the Briarwood Senior Apartments, received the USDA Rural Development Senior Apartment Manager of the Year Award.
Farnsworth was nominated by the enthusiastic tenants at the complex, by Julie Hyatt, owner and CEO of Hope Development and by Arturo Alas representing Vim Residential Management..
“The Brentwood Senior Apartments underwent a renovation recently and the elderly residents were anxious about the temporary changes they would have to make. Many of the letters we received about Christina praised her for making the process painless,” said Wetherbee during the presentation.
USDA Rural Development is the lender for 80 family and 29 elderly complexes as well as four Farm Labor Housing complexes across the state. The agency provided original funding for the complexes and also provides rental assistance for low income residents.
Wetherbee read some of the comments from the letters sent in by residents:
· “Christine is TOP SHELF! She is patient, understanding and helpful in dealing with our everyday issues.
· “I have lived here since 1989 and she is the very BEST MANAGER ever!”
· “She spent her days off here during renovation to be sure everything was okay.”
· “She is good and honest and fair. She has a big heart and we all love her”
· “She is more than just a manager. She sees the important role in making her tenants daily lives easier and better.
· “She always has time to listen to our problems and to respond to any repairs. Because of her attention, consideration, regard, thoughtfulness and diligence to the property and its tenants, Briarwood is more than just a place to hang my hat…it is my home.”