kingman fire

An electronic chair lift designed to help a handicapped woman is believed to have sparked the fire that caused her Tuesday death in Kingman. Fire Department Battalion Chief Bill Johnston said Carol Scholer, 86, was found dead in the chair in her den after personnel put out the fire that heavily damaged the home in the 1900 block of Main Street.

Johnston said initial investigation reveals the chair somehow caught fire before the 1:09 a.m. fire call. Johnston said Scholer’s roommate sister tried to help her before she was forced to retreat from the burning home.

728x90-SWG-Safety-Web-Banner_2014