At approximately 10:24am on Saturday Dec 13th, 2014 a fire was reported by the homeowner in the 2800 block of Ranchero DR. The occupant was attempting to start a stored vehicle in the garage when fire broke out from under the hood. He was the only one home at the time and evacuated the residence safely. The first arriving fire company reported a fully involved garage with fire extending into the house. Four engine companies, one truck company, and a Battalion Chief responded to the fire and gained control of the fire in 28 minutes. CERT responded to the fire with eight volunteers to assist with Rehab duties for the firefighters. Off duty firefighters were called in to assist in covering the City. Crews remained on the scene an additional four hours conducting salvage operations. Damages were estimated at $250,000 to the structure and the contents. The cause of the fire was due to the back firing of the vehicle while attempting to get it started.
About The Author
- Valley DACA recipients and advocates protest amid program uncertainty
- Arizona says Hawaiian false alarm unlikely; people should still prepare
- UA introduces first African-American head football coach
- Trump tweets “DACA is probably dead” after renewal of DACA applications resumes
- Facing fears: iPhone X’s new facial recognition raises concerns