A residential structure fire was reported by a homeowner in the 2600 block of Rainbow Drive North at about 9:36 p.m. Tuesday, September 27.
The owner smelled smoke, but was unable to locate it. The family evacuated the residence safely.
The first arriving fire company reported smoke coming from the roof and attic vents. Firefighters entered the home and quickly located the fire throuogh use of a thermal imaging camera.
Crews gained control of the fire within 12 minutes. There were no reported injuries to the firefighters.
Personnel remained on the scene an additional hour conducting salvage operations. Damages were confined to a small area in the attic.
The cause of the fire was due to an electrical short possibly caused by a leak from the rain.