An elderly Phoenix man suffers a medical emergency while cooking that ends up setting his home on fire.  Fire Captain Rob McDade with the Phoenix Fire Department says it appears the man suffered a heart attack while he was cooking at the stove.  The food was burning which set off smoke alarms in the apartment
 

that alerted the fire department.  Crews kicked down the door and found the man lying face down on the ground unconscious.  The man was transported to a nearby hospital for medical treatment not associated with the fire.  However, he did sustain minor smoke inhalation after being trapped in the smoke-filled apartment.  Crews fanned the smoke and contained the fire to the stove. 


Kris Dugan

 

728x90-SWG-Safety-Web-Banner_2014