There are unconfirmed reports that the state is cancelling the contract that allows MTC to operate the private prison in Golden Valley. Department of Corrections spokesman Andrew Wilder would only verify that state officials are reviewing reports of investigations of the four days of unrest that left the prison heavily damaged by inmates in early July. Wilder said more information should be released from the Governor’s Office today.
About The Author
- Valley DACA recipients and advocates protest amid program uncertainty
- Arizona says Hawaiian false alarm unlikely; people should still prepare
- UA introduces first African-American head football coach
- Trump tweets “DACA is probably dead” after renewal of DACA applications resumes
- Facing fears: iPhone X’s new facial recognition raises concerns