A drug trial is underway in Mohave County Superior Court. Attorneys presented opening statements Tuesday in the case against Pamela Bell, 56. Prosecutor Matthew Williams told the jury that Bell is culpable for trying to mail a package containing cocaine from the Mailroom in Kingman in April, 2011. He said Bell is also guilty of various charges associated with seizure of an assortment of heroin, cocaine, crack cocaine and methamphetamine from a Kingman motel room nearly two weeks later. Defense attorney Virginia Crews said the drugs in question belonged to her client’s sister Penny Bell, 54. Crews said Bell is serving prison time for drug convictions and that she will testify that her sister was unknowing, and therefore innocent.
About The Author
- Good Book gets good look in town where The Word is usually political
- Police push back on report criticizing body-worn camera policies
- Small businesses plan for long weekend of shopping
- November 23, 2017 Newscast
- As title game nears, Casteel football program provides comfort for principal battling cancer