A drug trial is underway in Mohave County Superior Court. Attorneys presented opening statements Tuesday in the case against Pamela Bell, 56. Prosecutor Matthew Williams told the jury that Bell is culpable for trying to mail a package containing cocaine from the Mailroom in Kingman in April, 2011. He said Bell is also guilty of various charges associated with seizure of an assortment of heroin, cocaine, crack cocaine and methamphetamine from a Kingman motel room nearly two weeks later. Defense attorney Virginia Crews said the drugs in question belonged to her client’s sister Penny Bell, 54. Crews said Bell is serving prison time for drug convictions and that she will testify that her sister was unknowing, and therefore innocent.
About The Author
- Arizonans at March for Life upbeat on pro-life prospects in Washington
- Tempe City Council fails to pass border wall resolution
- Former Diamondbacks pitcher Gordon part of MLB’s ‘Dream Series’ outreach showcase
- It’s all in the details: polishing cars into money-makers at Barrett-Jackson
- January 19, 2018 Newscast