The Arizona Game and Fish Department’s 2017 fall hunt recommendations for deer, turkey, javelina, bighorn sheep, bison, bear and mountain lion are now available online at www.azgfd.gov/huntguidelines.
A series of six “open houses,” where constituents can review and ask questions about the proposed recommendations, will begin next week at Game and Fish regional offices statewide. No formal presentations are planned.
- Thursday, March 30: 3-5 p.m., Kingman, 5325 N. Stockton Hill Road.
- Thursday, March 30: 4:30-6:30 p.m., Mesa, 7200 E. University Drive.
- Friday, March 31: 3-5 p.m., Tucson, 555 N. Greasewood Road.
- Tuesday, April 4: 3-5 p.m., Pinetop, 2878 E. White Mountain Blvd.
- Tuesday, April 4: 3-5 p.m., Yuma, 9140 E. 28th
- Wednesday, April 5: 6-8 p.m., Flagstaff, 3500 S. Lake Mary Road.
The department annually makes recommendations to the Arizona Game and Fish Commission regarding the management of game species, which establish the seasons, dates, bag limits, open areas and permit-tag allocations based on the framework of the hunt guidelines set by the commission every two years.
The proposed recommendations will be presented to the commission for consideration during the Saturday, April 8, portion of its April 7-8 meeting at Game and Fish headquarters, 5000 W. Carefree Highway, in Phoenix. The agenda will be posted at https://www.azgfd.com/Agency/Commission.
To learn more about the hunt recommendations and hunt guidelines processes, visit www.azgfd.gov/huntguidelines.