Arizona Corrections Director Charles Ryan said it should take 60-90 days to transition to a new operator of the state prison in Golden Valley. Ryan said it is intended that the contract allowing MTC to operate the prison simply be transferred to another operator in the private sector. Ryan told reporters at a Phoenix news conference that there’s still no estimate of how much it will cost to repair the extensive criminal damage inmates inflicted during four days of rioting in early July. He said it could be February before the repairs are completed.
About The Author
- Nearly 22,000 unite to the beat of political power at Women’s March in Arizona
- Grand Canyon partly open, blunting biggest hit of government shutdown
- Arizonans at March for Life upbeat on pro-life prospects in Washington
- Tempe City Council fails to pass border wall resolution
- Former Diamondbacks pitcher Gordon part of MLB’s ‘Dream Series’ outreach showcase