Mohave County Sheriff’s Waterways deputies responded to a reported missing person in the water south of Thompson Bay early Friday (6/26) evening. Approximately 5:50 p.m., deputies responded to the scene of where Chang Edward Cho, 51, of Lake Havasu City, jumped into the water from a pontoon boat. Immediately after Cho jumped into the water, winds picked up causing a large distance between Cho and the boat. Deputies conducted an immediate search of the waterways and the shoreline. Divers from San Bernardino Sheriff’s Office and Mohave County Sheriff’s Office searched the area without locating Cho. Early Saturday (6/27) morning the search continued utilizing side scan sonar equipment. At about 9:47 a.m., divers from SBSO and MCSO located Cho outside of Thompson Bay and near Site Six. This investigation remains active and autopsy results are pending. The Sheriff’s Office was assisted by San Bernardino Sheriff’s Office, Lake Havasu City Police Department, Lake Havasu Fire Department and California Fish and Game.
About The Author
February 23, 2017
June 8, 2017
- New Trump administration rule makes asylum harder for Central Americans
- July 15, 2019, Newscast
- Migrant shelter in Tucson may move to former juvenile detention facility
- Ant antibiotics: Could ASU research lead to human applications?
- With ICE sweeps looming, immigration rhetoric heats up on Capitol Hill
- HAVASU POLICE ARREST IDENTITY THEFT TRIO on
- Merryman For Sheriff on
- Winter Storm Warning! Snow Possible through New Year’s Day on
- Supervisors Vote to Recommend Denial of Special Event Liquor License for Coconino Sheriff’s Candidate on