The mental health records of an alleged child killer will be made available to the Mohave County Attorney’s Office. Mohave County Superior Court Judge Lee Jantzen has granted the state’s discovery motion in the case against Justin Rector. County Attorney Matt Smith said the psychiatrist exploring whether Rector was sane at the time of the murder needs to review Rector’s mental health history as previously detailed at the Mohave Mental Health Clinic and at the Mohave County Juvenile Detention Center. The Bullhead City man faces a possible death sentence if convicted in the September strangulation death of eight-year-old Isabella Grogan Cannella. Rector is held without bond awaiting trial scheduled in October, 2016.
About The Author
- In Focus DACA Special Report: Episode 5
- ASU rescinds Cronkite Award given to Charlie Rose in 2015
- Trans Queer Pueblo organizes Phoenix show giving support to LGBTQ immigrant community
- Advocates worry FCC changes to Lifeline could hit Indian Country hard
- Good Book gets good look in town where The Word is usually political