Mohave County Sheriff’s deputies arrested Kurt Michael Richards, 28, of St George, Utah, early Thursday (1/22) evening for possession of dangerous drugs, sixteen counts of possession of drug paraphernalia, felonies, along with resisting arrest, failure to produce identification, driving with suspended license and false reporting to law enforcement, misdemeanors. Approximately 5:51 p.m., deputies conducted a traffic stop on Highway 91 at milepost 13.5. Deputies contacted the driver. The driver did not produce any identification. Deputies determined the driver falsely identified himself. The male driver resisted as deputies were taking him into custody. After a brief struggle, the male driver was taken into custody. The male driver was eventually identified as Richards. A records check showed Richards to have a suspended license and a fugitive from justice felony warrant issued out of Kane County in Utah with a $30,000 bond on original charge of possession of amphetamines. A search of Richards revealed assorted items of drug paraphernalia and a plastic bag containing a white crystal substance which field tested positive for methamphetamine. He was transported and booked into the Mesquite Jail. The vehicle was towed from the scene.
About The Author
- September 25, 2017 Newscast | Cronkite News
- From clenching a fist to taking a knee, sports, social issues on perpetual collision course
- Choreographer shows power of street dance activism
- ‘Más,’ the play about the ethnic studies ban in Tucson, premieres in Phoenix
- Tell us: What aspects of health care reform are important to you?