The Committee to Elect Rodney Head Sheriff announces that Rodney Head will be campaigning for election to the Office of Sheriff of Mohave County. Rodney Head, a 48 year resident of Mohave County has served the citizens and visitors to Mohave County for 37 years in progressively more responsible public safety positions, and is currently the Chief Deputy of the Mohave County Sheriff’s Office.
Prior to the incorporation of Bullhead City, Rodney served as a Deputy Sheriff in the Mohave County Sheriff’s Office for 8 years. He became a founding member of the Bullhead City Police Department, promoting to progressively more responsible positions within the Police Department during a 29 year career. Rodney was appointed as the Chief of Police for Bullhead City in 2001 and served as such until his retirement in 2014.
A graduate of the 189th session of the Federal Bureau of Investigation National Academy for Senior Law Enforcement professionals, Rodney Has attended the Rural Executive Management Institute and the FBI Southwest Command College. In addition to the extensive law enforcement training, Rodney holds an Associates Degree in the Administration of Justice from Mohave Community College, a Bachelors Degree in Management from the University of Phoenix, and has graduate level courses from the University of Virginia.
In the Public Safety arena Rodney is a member of the International Association of Chief’s of Police, the Arizona Association of Chief’s of Police, the FBI National Academy Associates, the Law Enforcement Executive Development Association, a past board member of the Regional Information Sharing System’ Rocky Mountain Information Network, and Past President and board member of the Western Arizona Law Enforcement Association.
In community organizations Rodney is a Past President and current board member of the Los Matadores’ de Bullhead City, and a Rotary Club Past President. Twice recognized for his contributions to the tri-state communities, Rodney was recognized with Chamber of Commerce Community Achievement Awards for Civic Service in 2003, and Public Service in 2013.
Rodney and his wife Cindy, who is an Executive Director for Hospice Compassus live in Bullhead City and are active in the tri-state area in community organizations and events.
Campaign e-mails can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit www.rodneyhead4sheriff.com for more information
Rodney B. Head
- 37 Years of Law Enforcement experience
- Mohave County Sheriff’s Office 1977 – 1985
- Bullhead City Police Department 1985 – 2014
- Mohave County Sheriff’s Office 2015 – Present
- 8 Years Mohave County Sheriff’s Department
- 29 Years Bullhead City Police Department
- 13 Years Bullhead City Chief of Police
- Graduated Law Enforcement Training Academy Class 53 – 1977
- Associate’s Degree in Administration of Justice – Mohave Community College
- Bachelor’s Degree in Management – University of Phoenix
- Graduate of the United States Department of Justice – Federal Bureau of Investigation 189th National Academy
- Graduate of the University of Arkansas National Center for Rural Law Enforcement – Rural Executive Management Institute
- Graduate of the United States Department of Justice – Federal Bureau of Investigation Southwest Command College
- Community Achievement Award Recipient
- Civic Service 2003
- Public Service 2013
- Western Arizona Law Enforcement Association Past President
- Rocky Mountain Information Network Board Member
- Arizona Peace Officer’s Standards and Training Board – General and Specialty Instructor
- Accident Investigation
- Community Oriented Policing – Subject Matter Expert
- Service Organizations:
- Past President Desert Sunrise Rotary Club
- Past President – Los Matadores’ de Bullhead City
Mohave County Sheriff’s Department:
2015 – Present Chief Deputy Sheriff
Bullhead City Police Department:
2001 – 2014 Chief of Police
1997 – 2001 Deputy Chief of Police
1997 – 1997 Police Captain, Executive Officer to the Chief of Police
1996 – 1997 Police Lieutenant, Bureau of Administration
1992 – 1996 Police Lieutenant, Bureau of Patrol
1989 – 1992 Deputy Chief of Police
1987 – 1989 Police Lieutenant, Bureau of Criminal Investigations
1986 – 1987 Police Sergeant, Traffic Section Supervisor
1985 – 1986 Police Officer, Patrol Bureau and Traffic Section
Mohave County Sheriff’s Department:
1982 – 1985 Deputy Sheriff – Sergeant, Bullhead City Station Supervisor
1981 – 1982 Deputy Sheriff – Corporal, Solo Motor Traffic Officer
1977 – 1981 Deputy Sheriff – Solo Motor Traffic Officer, Patrol Deputy