Motorists traveling in the area of Mohave County Route 1 (CR 1), the Golden Shores Parkway and Oatman Highway in Topock/Golden Shores, should be prepared for brief delays through April during construction of a traffic roundabout, according to the Arizona Department of Transportation.
In 2015, Mohave County secured Federal Highway Safety Improvement Program construction funding for a roundabout at the intersection of County Route 1, Golden Shores Parkway, and Oatman Highway. The project’s purpose is to improve the overall flow and access at the “Six Points Intersection” of CR 1, Golden Shores Parkway, Powell Lake Road, and their intersections.
“Mohave County is pleased to deliver its first and 100-percent federally funded roundabout construction in Golden Shores, which developed under a community centered focus and will enhance travel safety and mobility for commuters and visitors traveling through the Colorado River communities”, said Mohave County Public Works Director Steven P. Latoski.
Construction on the $950,000 project, Mohave County’s first roundabout, is scheduled for completion in spring 2017.
WHAT TO EXPECT
- Phases one and two of the construction project through early March includes clearing the work zone, removing the existing asphalt, and paving a detour road
- Phases three and four include construction of the roundabout, which is scheduled for completion in spring 2017
- The Business District remains open during construction, and property access will be maintained at all times
- A temporary detour is in place, and traffic could be reduced to one lane
- Work hours are 7 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday
For more information about this project, or roundabout questions:
Motorists should expect brief delays through the project area as temporary lane closures and detours are in place. Drivers should proceed through the work zone with caution, slow down and watch for construction equipment and personnel.
For more information, please call Michele E. Beggs, Senior Community Relations Officer, 928.681.6054 or email firstname.lastname@example.org .