Mohave County Sheriff’s detectives arrested Kirk Lamar Barnes, 50, of Kingman, early Monday (2/29) afternoon for obscene material transmit to a minor, felony. Investigations began Thursday (2/25) afternoon when the reporting party, the victims’ mother, contacted law enforcement. The reporting party said that she was monitoring her 13-year-old daughter’s social media account when she located inappropriate content. The RP further said Barnes, someone they have known about a year, sent four messages to her daughter and the last message contained a naked picture of himself. Deputies observed the information including the nude picture of Barnes that he sent to the victim. Monday (2/29) afternoon, at about 12:30 p.m., deputies contacted Barnes in the area of Snavely Avenue and N Benton Street. During the investigation, Barnes confirmed the picture is of him. Barnes advised that he sent the picture to his adult girlfriend and multiple women that he can’t remember. Barnes further advised that he sent the picture via email and not social media. Barnes was taken into custody without incident. He was transported and booked into the Mohave County Jail.
About The Author
- Advocates urge colleges to aid DACA students, lawmakers urge restraint
- Plan keeps most of Sonoran Desert National Monument open to shooters
- Candlelight vigil in Phoenix brings awareness and lights up the topic of mental illness
- ‘The Hawk’ remembered fondly at Suns memorial service
- Maryvale residents express concerns about hospital closure