The Lake Havasu City police department has released more information regarding an officer-involved shooting that claimed the life of a citizen early Sunday. Police Sergeant Troy Stirling said that Justin Roady, 33, had been drinking at several bars before arriving at his home in the 3100 block of Silversmith Drive. A babysitter fled with children she was watching in the home after Roady crashed his vehicle into the garage just after midnight and started firing shots, according to Stirling. He said an investigation determined that Roady fired 26 shots inside and outside his home from a handgun, a rifle and a shotgun. Stirling said Roady was shot and killed when he raised one of his firearms toward three Lake Havasu Police officers. He said the officers fired 18 rounds at Roady. Stirling said the cause of death will be multiple gunshots, but that authorities are not saying how many times Roady was shot at this time. The officers involved in the shooting are on paid leave pending the outcome of the continuing investigation.
About The Author
- Polls show ‘stunning reversal’ in recent Mexican attitudes toward U.S.
- DACA advocates push for action as clock ticks down on budget deal
- As federal shutdown looms, legislators approve Arizona CHIP health care funds for children
- January 18, 2018 Newscast
- Tempe City Council to vote on opposition of border wall