Eight arrests resulted from the Mohave County Sheriff’s Office Tactical Operations Unit’s (T.O.U.) execution of two search warrants at 1571 Laguna Road and 1585 Laguna Road. The Mohave Area General Narcotics Enforcement Team (MAGNET), a HIDTA initiative, along with members of the Arizona Department of Public Safety Vehicle Theft Taskforce received information that a stolen tractor was located on the property.
During the execution of the search warrant, a 2016 John Deere Tractor was located buried in the backyard of 1571 Laguna Road. Mohave County Road’s Department responded with equipment to dig out the tractor. The tractor had been reported stolen on 3/13/17 from the 1500 block of Pinion Road in Fort Mohave.
The value of the tractor is approximately $57,000. Four children were found to be living on the property/structures of 1585 Laguna Road.
Arizona Department of Child Safety responded and deemed the property/structures to be uninhabitable for children and the children were removed. Mohave County Planning and Zoning, Health Department and Building inspectors responded to the property and assisted.
The Building inspectors observed numerous violations on both properties and had Mohave Electric Cooperative turn the power off to both residents. Mohave County Animal Control Officers responded and took custody of several dogs and chickens.
The search also revealed methamphetamine, narcotic pills and a variety of drug paraphernalia.
Deputies also responded to 4577 Camino Bruja in Fort Mohave and contacted Robert Vasquez for his involvement in the stolen tractor. The investigation revealed that Vasquez had assisted in burying the tractor using his backhoe.
Vasquez also admitted to selling some of the property off the tractor.
The following people were arrested and transported to the Mohave County Jail without incident;
• Leslie Maureen Brown, 38, was arrested for possession of drug paraphernalia, a felony.
• Amber Nicole Farmer, 35, was arrested for four counts of child vulnerable adult abuse-intent, felonies.
• Kim Alan Petit Jr., 32, was arrested for two counts of child vulnerable adult abuse-intent, felonies.
• John Leon Hutchison, 56, was arrested for chop shop–own/operate, theft-means of transportation, possession of dangerous drugs for sale, possession of dangerous drugs and possession of narcotic drugs, all felonies. Hutchison admitted to his involvement in selling methamphetamine.
• Mariah Mills, 24, was arrested for possession of drug paraphernalia, a misdemeanor.
• Brandon Lee Morgan, 20, was arrested for possession of drug paraphernalia, a misdemeanor.
• Robert Nicholas Vasquez, 50, was arrested for trafficking stolen property and chop shop–own/operate, felonies.