The City of Bullhead City Public Works Department will begin slurry seal treatment on the following streets the week of October 24 as a part of the 28th Neighborhood Street Improvement Program (NSIP 28):
· Rio Grande Rd from Marina Blvd to Santa Maria Ave
· Santa Cruz Ave east of Rio Grande Rd
· Malibu Dr from Clearwater Dr to Malibu Circle North
· Malibu Cir North from Malibu Pl to Malibu Dr
· Malibu Pl from Malibu Cir North to the end of pavement
· Malibu Ct from Malibu Cir North to the end of pavement
· Rio Grande Rd from Santa Maria Ave to Colorado Blvd
· Diamond Dr from Mead Ln to Silver Ln
· Havasu Cv from Swan Dr to the end of pavement
· Commercial Way from Riviera Blvd to Marina Blvd
Driving on a road that has received a slurry or microsurface treatment before it has had time to set will decrease the lifespan of the treatment and may cause property damage to vehicles and driveways. Slurry seal is a process that is used to preserve existing asphalt. It is significantly less expensive than new asphalt, but it preserves the existing roadway. The City will not be liable if you drive through the tender slurry.
Anyone who will be affected by this maintenance is highly encouraged to check the City’s website frequently at www.bullheadcity.com/nsip28 for the most up to date information. Anyone with concerns, comments, or questions about NSIP 28 should send an email to email@example.com. Anyone with an urgent matter relating to NSIP 28 should call (928)234-8752.