Excessive speed and alcohol are suspected factors in a fatal traffic accident Saturday that claimed the life of a southern Nevada resident in the northwest Arizona community of Littlefield. Travis Hughes, 41, Mesquite, was dead at the scene of the single vehicle rollover on Scenic Boulevard, according to the Mohave County Sheriff’s Office. Agency spokeswoman Trish Carter said deputies responded just after 6:00 a.m. to the rollover of a Ford Excursion driven by Hughes. Carter said two passengers were injured in the accident that remains under investigation. Carter said Bartlett Stephenson, 40, Littlefield was airlifted to University Medical Center in Las Vegas where he is in critical condition with “head trauma, multiple broken ribs, broken arm and leg and internal injuries.” She said Albert Wharton, 39, Mesquite, was released following treatment of his injuries at Mesa View Regional Hospital.
About The Author
- In Focus DACA Special Report: Episode 5
- ASU rescinds Cronkite Award given to Charlie Rose in 2015
- Trans Queer Pueblo organizes Phoenix show giving support to LGBTQ immigrant community
- Advocates worry FCC changes to Lifeline could hit Indian Country hard
- Good Book gets good look in town where The Word is usually political