US 60 east of Apache Junction and west of Superior in Pinal County (mileposts 208-217) will be narrowed to one lane beginning Tuesday (April 12), instead of April 5 as previously reported, to allow Arizona Department of Transportation crews to make improvements to the roadway. The work will occur daily in three-mile increments from 6:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. as follows:
- Eastbound US 60 will be narrowed to one lane Tuesday (April 12) through Thursday (April 14).
- Westbound US 60 will be narrowed to one lane Tuesday (April 19) through Thursday (April 21)
- The eastbound US 60 on- and off-ramps will be closed between 7 and 9 a.m. during the work on Wednesday (April 13).
- The westbound US 60 on- and off-ramps will be closed between 7 and 9 a.m. during the work on Wednesday (April 20).
- DETOUR: During the ramp closures, drivers will be detoured to Queen Valley Road (exit 214).
Message boards and traffic control devices will guide drivers through the area.
Drivers are reminded to share the road, be cautious, and slow down while traveling through the work zone.
ADOT works to inform the public about planned roadway restrictions, but there is a possibility that unscheduled closures or restrictions may occur. Weather can also affect a project schedule.